nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 6rd BR setup on Linux

From: Masakazu Asama <masakazu.asama () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:11:15 +0900

Sasa

Distribution that supports 6rd feature is limited.
I was confirmed that it works on debian wheezy.
(squeeze's kernel does not support 6rd.)

(1) edit /etc/sysctl.conf and set net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1
(2) edit /etc/network/interfaces like following
===
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 172.16.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 172.16.1.123
iface eth0 inet6 static
    address 2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1
    netmask 64
    gateway 2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1234

auto tun6rd
iface tun6rd inet6 v4tunnel
    address 2001:db8:ac10:101::
    netmask 32
    local 172.16.1.1
    endpoint any
    ttl 64
    up ip tunnel 6rd dev tun6rd 6rd-prefix 2001:db8::/32
    up ip link set mtu 1280 dev tun6rd
===
(3) reboot

This example assumes that 6rd-prefix = 2001:db8::/32 and BR has
172.16.1.1(0xac100101).

Regards.