nanog mailing list archives

Re: Trivium

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 00:35:20 -0500

On 8/20/2013 12:29 AM, Matthew Petach wrote:
I'm curious; do people really think that the difference in material
indexed between Google, Yahoo/Bing, and others is really that
big?  I don't mean the heuristics and algorithms used to return
the results in a particularly useful order; I mean the sheer raw
set of indexed pages.  I don't debate that Google found a
particularly useful page ranking system; but I question the
notion that the loss of Google was akin to the loss of your
root directory.

I don't think the other engines are nearly as badly poisoned by the SEO crap.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                        of System Administrators: