nanog mailing list archives

Re: Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

From: Brandon Ross <bross () pobox com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:58:19 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013, Scott Helms wrote:

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Brandon Ross <bross () pobox com> wrote:

There are tons and tons and tons of organizations that will sell the
operator of a network content to sell to that operator's subscribers
directly.  Most well known is the cable coop, who only exists to do just
that.  The problem is that what's been proposed is that the network
operator be able to then turn around and offer those services as a whole
sale level to another operator, on the same physical but not not layer 2,
plant.  That's what I don't think you can get contracts inked for.

How is that different from what the aggregators that I've already pointed out are doing? Why does anyone need to resell anything, anyway, what we are talking about are service providers connected to this muni fiber network being able to deliver triple play to their subs.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442