nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10 Mbit/s problem in your network

From: Måns Nilsson <mansaxel () besserwisser org>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:11:56 +0100

Subject: Re: 10 Mbit/s problem in your network Date: Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 05:07:49PM +0100 Quoting JP Velders (jpv ()
veldersjes net):

Not to be pedantic, but The Last Mile Cache will actually help you to
solve this problem, with a local cache server at the hotel.

And as a business traveller I want to have the ISP or Hotel cache (aka
be able to read and for others to be found!) my possibly very
sensitive corporate documents exactly _why_ ?

A VPN or SSH session (which is what most hotel guests traveling for
work will do) won't cache at all well, so this is a very bad idea. Might
improve some things, but not the really important ones.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668