nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any experience with Grandstream VoIP equipment ?

From: "John R. Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 12 Feb 2013 00:32:58 -0500

Man is this strange: when I set my DHCP server to assign the Sipura box a fixed IP address, the VoIP box didn't work. When I let it assign an address out of the pool, it did work. Same device, same LAN, same /24 subnet, same ISC DHCP server. The Sipura has a web server, so I could confirm that in both cases the IP, subnet mask, DNS, and gateway were what the DHCP server assigned.

I also have a more modern Linksys 2102 configured by a VoIP provider, same DHCP strangeness. Beats me.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl () iecc com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",