nanog mailing list archives

Re: 48V DC Terminal server recommendations

From: Charles N Wyble <charles-lists () knownelement com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:55:11 -0500

I just use SSH to ip:portnum . Used the web ui for initial setup. Never used an applet. Didn't know one existed.

This is on an acs48 model. I forget the pdu model (cyclades i something), they just daisychain off the acs and you can
hit a key combo to powercycle.

david peahi <davidpeahi () gmail com> wrote:
We have used the Avocent console/power terminal servers for several
years.
Although the browser interface is cluttered, and the use of Java
sometimes
poses connectivity challengesm Avocent is a useful console server for
all
types of devices, and has the ability to remotely power-cycle AC and DC
devices.
Avocent devices meet your specs (-48V PS, NEBS compliance).

Regards,

David

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Jeremy Bresley <brez () brezworks com>