nanog mailing list archives

Re: Paetec PI space?

From: Dave Sparro <dsparro () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:51:11 -0400

On 6/26/2013 5:11 PM, Adam Greene wrote:
Thanks everyone.

It sounds like (a) customer needs to clarify contract terms with Paetec, and
(b) unless they have an ongoing relationship, the best long-term plan is to
renumber.

I did check reg dates on the blocks, and it is much more recent than the
customer led me to believe (or than I interpreted) ... so I suspect this is
less something which simply dropped off the map and more of an above-board
and possibly ongoing relationship than I suspected. The customer does
provide voice service, so there may be something going on behind the scenes
which makes sense from an authoritative routing perspective.

Thanks for your help. This customer seems to be responsible so I suspect I
may not have all the details and overstated the issue.
And just one more note to complicate things a little more for you. Paetec was acquired by Windstream last year. I hope that doesn't make it even harder for you to find answers to your questions from the service provider, but I suspect that it will.

--
Dave Sparro