nanog mailing list archives

Re: internet in the box

From: Joe Abley <jabley () hopcount ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:39:18 -0400

On 2013-03-10, at 14:35, bross () pobox com wrote:

I know nothing of the legalities outside of the US, however I never said anything about the convention center
restricting irghts to use RF, I said they won't let you on the roof without paying a lot of money.  I strongly
suspect that is true of all convention centers everywhere.

It's not uncommon for people to circumvent these problems by pointing antennas at windows from the inside. Can require
some strategic room booking to get the right line of sight.

Joe