nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open Resolver Problems

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Herrin" <bill () herrin us>

We've been down this path before where we try to tighten the belt on
everything we don't absolutely critically need for the sake of
allowing the root problem to keep eking by. It ain't pretty and
ultimately it isn't successful either: we merely create an arms race
where the bad actors converge on the services we -can't- shut down.

Correct.

So when the excuse-me-but-fuck are we going to get serious, and apply
the IDP to any edge carrier who doesn't implement 38?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com