nanog mailing list archives

Re: looking for documents describing frequent causes for line cuts

From: Kyle Creyts <kyle.creyts () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 02:03:30 -0700

thanks!

also amusing:
http://blog.lafayetteprofiber.com/2008/06/nutria-ratsand-fiber.html
http://news.techeye.net/internet/internet-attacked-by-bears#.TnZXk5rhOv8.reddit

but I'm looking for something slightly more efficacious than anecdotal.

off-list replies (and, why not, some of them are really funny) anecdotes
are welcome.

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM, staticsafe <me () staticsafe ca> wrote:

On 5/17/2013 22:16, Kyle Creyts wrote:
has anyone come by documents containing some statistics regarding leading
causes for cuts in fiber, power, cable lines?

I seem to remember one which included % cuts due to equipment failure,
maintenance, weather, rodents, boring, car accidents, etc.

but alas, I cannot find it in my archives.

On an amusing note:

http://blog.level3.com/level-3-network/the-10-most-bizarre-and-annoying-causes-of-fiber-cuts/
--
staticsafe