nanog mailing list archives

Re: Automatic abuse reports

From: joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:22:21 -0800

On Nov 12, 2013, at 9:16 PM, Brandon Galbraith <brandon.galbraith () gmail com> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:
Now it would be trivial to setup syslog and sshd to give only the sessions
that complete the handshake, however I'm also not sure how responsive some
of the abuse contacts may be. I'll keep my restrictive network settings for
the time being.

That's the main problem: you can generate the report but if it's about
some doofus in Dubai what are the odds of it doing any good?

And then we're right back to sending the offending packets to a black
hole. *sigh*

a packet that you can drop quickly is a packet you don’t have to think about.