nanog mailing list archives

Re: Meraki

From: Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:39:42 -0700

On 11/24/13, 7:43 AM, Mike wrote:
On 13-11-23 10:47 PM, Eric C. Miller wrote:
I'm using an EdgeRouter lite in a deployment for a WISP, and it's
holding up very nice. It's only passing 40-50Mbps of basic OSPF
routing, but no complaints thus far for the performance. I've
heard that once you start adding in the services and rules, you
really start to see the PPS drop, but I haven't RFC 2544 or
EtherSam tested it yet.

Right now, I'm waiting for the GUI to get more development before
we move further with them. Being Vyatta under the hood, you can
do just about anything, but the helpdesk techs don't understand
CLI. Kudos on the IPv6 GUI support out of the box.
+1 on the EdgeRouter.  I haven't regularly pushed one past 100M, but
over the past 9 months all they have done is act boring, which is
exactly what I want network equipment to do.

PPS will be affected more by packet filtering rules than by
services.

As the product software has matured, the ER Lite has gained quite a few performance improvements - just keep it updated as new versions come out. Recent example is the HW VLAN acceleration stuff.

I have two, one in service the other as a spare. For the price, hard to go wrong.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org