nanog mailing list archives

Re: CenturyLink IP NOC Contact for BGP Changes

From: joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:12:07 -0800

On 11/25/13, 8:26 PM, Jawaid Desktop wrote:
Hello NANOGers,

We're a regional CLEC and I've had a BGP filter change request in to
CenturyLink for 3 days. I've had no luck trying to get this processed.

I tried calling in tonight because, you know, my expectation these days
is that every serious internet backbone company staffs a 24/7/365 NOC
capable of dealing with IP and BGP routing issues / changes. I managed
to escalate to a "TAC supervisor" who assures me that they in fact have
nobody staffed after-hours who can do this kind of work. *boggles*

I had no trouble getting the exact same request processed by XO, Cogent,
Level3, Comcast, Cogent, and TWTelecom in anywhere from minutes to a few
hours, many of them at night (you know, when it's kind of like better to
do such changes anyway).

So does anyone have the contact for a real, honest-to-god IP NOC
engineer at CenturyLink?

by centurylink do you mean legacy qwest (as209)

http://www.centurylinkservices.net/ipsupport/bgp-update.php

They do support routing policy objects, so you are imho better off if
you have your sessions converted to RADB generated filters, and then do
it that way.

Or did I make a mistake assuming CenturyLink is a serious, carrier-class
player?

Thanks for any help.

Jawaid