nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP failure analysis and recommendations

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:21:14 -0400

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Brandon Ross <bross () pobox com> wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2013, Christopher Morrow wrote:

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM, JRC NOC
<nospam-nanog () jensenresearch com> wrote:

Have we/they lost something important in the changeover to converged
mutiprotocol networks?
Is there a better way for us edge networks to achieve IP resiliency in
the
current environment?

sadly I bet not, aside from active probing and disabling paths that
are non-functional.

Um, how about, don't buy services from network providers that fail in this
way?

I suppose the question is: "how would you know that any particular
network had this failure mode?"

until, of course, you run into it... as jrc did...