nanog mailing list archives

Re: Kit to split a 19" closet?

From: Eric A Louie <elouie () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:47:24 -0700 (PDT)

Divided into vertical sections, it requires a new set of hinges and doors and lock slots front and rear, as well as
solid shelves between the sections.  Think about it for a moment, or go visit your nearest colocation center and ask to
see a 1/2 or 1/3 rack.  I actually have a 1/3 rack at one of my POPs.

Start with your cabinet manufacturer.  I've seen 1/2 racks, 1/3 racks, and 1/4 racks in a full 84" enclosure.