nanog mailing list archives

Anyone running Knot?

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 23:26:11 -0400

LWN this week covers the Knot DNS server, written by/for the .cz root zone ops, which can, amongst other interesting
attributes, load the entire 35 million record .net zone in 10 seconds.

It also does generated synthetic A, 4A, and PTR records, like the old DENTS server written for mindspring.

Is anybody here using it? Or knows of it being used somewhere they're permitted to discuss? Is it suitable for running
on... much smaller zones? or does the optimization make it impractical?

Cheers,
-jra