nanog mailing list archives

Re: North Korean internet goes dark (yes, they had one)

From: Landon Stewart <landonstewart () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 12:00:04 -0800

On Dec 23, 2014, at 11:53 AM, Javier J <javier () advancedmachines us> wrote:

What would be the point in blocking them? They don't even have electricity
in the country, what would I worry about coming out of their IP block that
wouldn't be more interesting than dangerous. Pretty obvious if it was
really them behind the Sony hack, it was outsourced.

For the few elite that do have Internet in DPRK it would be 1) a big inconvenience which would annoy them a lot and 2)
they have to transmit what they want attacked to the outsourced crew (whoever they might be) somehow.  I doubt the
outsourced group has a fax#.