nanog mailing list archives

Re: Need trusted NTP Sources

From: Aled Morris <aledm () qix co uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:11:49 +0000

GPS time sources are pretty cheap (< US$500) and easy to set up nowadays.

You could probably build your own for less that US$100:
http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

Aled

On 6 February 2014 11:51, Notify Me <notify.sina () gmail com> wrote:

According to the auditors, "trusted" means

1. Universities or Research facilities (nuclear/atomic facilities,
space research (such as NASA) etc.)
2. Main country internet/telecom providers
3. Government departments
4. Satellites (using GPS module)

Which is a bit of a tall order over here.