nanog mailing list archives

VMware Training

From: Phil Gardner <phil.gardnerjr () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:14:43 -0500

Not sure if this list is the best place, but it is probably the only list that I'm on that won't give me a bunch of grief about the chosen technology.

I looked at VMware's site, and there are a ton of options. I'm wondering if anyone has some basic suggestions or experiences.

I'm a Linux admin by trade (RH based), with "ok" networking ability. I'm sufficiently versed in deploying scripted ESXi (including 5.x) installations for a specific environment, including vswitches/SAN config (but only with NFS datastores backed by a NetApp, unfortunately, no blockbased stores).

I'd like to get experience deploying VCenter clusters, down to DRS/HA config, other block based storage, and anything else a large environment needs.

Thoughts or experiences?

--
Phil Gardner