nanog mailing list archives

provisioning (was: endless pissing about vz and netflux)

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:52:31 +0900

I recall phoning AT&T once asking for 100m service at a commercial
address and it took a swat-team of people on the phone to tell me they
would be 4x/mo what I was paying..  I politely told them they were too
expensive and to not schedule a 8 person conference call for a basic
service level.

i remember calling a very large telco to order a ds3 (yes, it was a
while ago).  they transferred me to engineering to see if they had
capacity.  engineering told me to hang on, and then i heard a lot
of rustling of paper.  i knew that even if i could get the circuit i
would not want it.

randy