nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN board accountability to network operators (was: RE: [arin-ppml] [arin-discuss] Term Limit Proposal)

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 02:15:35 +0000

On Mar 28, 2014, at 6:42 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:
i purposefully phrased it a bit differently, how can arin engage, get
real participation from, and serve its community, the operators.  i was
stealing examples from ripe.

but, for concrete action, how about a half day session at the next nanog
meeting on, for example, arin database services, whois and irr.  not to
try to reach hard conclusions or plans.  but to open a dialog to explore
what the community gets and wants from these services and how they are
provided.

My earlier message was sent before I saw this, but I think we converged
on the important point: ARIN needs to engage in a much better manner with
the ops community (more than just an ARIN update preso and registration
helpdesk); this should be closer to a "services wg" model.

Got it,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO