nanog mailing list archives

Re: 3356 leaking routes out 3549 lately?

From: Chip Marshall <chip () 2bithacker net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:42:12 -0400

On 2014-03-28, David Hubbard <dhubbard () dino hostasaurus com> sent:
Has anyone had issues with Level 3 leaking advertisements out their
Global Crossing AS3356 for customers of 3549, but not accepting the
traffic back?  We've been encountering this more and more recently,
bgpmon always detects it, and all we ever get from them is there's
nothing wrong.  Today it affected CloudFlare's ability to talk to us.
It seems to happen mostly with Europe and Asian peering points.
Typically lasts five to ten minutes which makes me think someone working
on merging the two networks is doing some 'no one will notice this'
changes in the middle of the night.

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I've had a few alerts
from Renesys lately seeing a path to my AS via GLBX 3549 that
shouldn't exist, as we only have connections with Level 3 3356.

For example, Renesys reports "x 3549 33517" where it should only
be able to see "x 3356 33517" or maybe "x 3549 3356 33517".

(Due to Renesys policy, I can't know what x is)

--
Chip Marshall <chip () 2bithacker net>
http://2bithacker.net/