nanog mailing list archives

Re: oss netflow collector/trending/analysis

From: Leslie <geekgirl () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 09:21:40 -0700

pmacct (http://www.pmacct.net/) is another pretty awesome open source tool.

Leslie

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Avi Freedman <freedman () freedman net> wrote:

There's also SiLK from CMU.  It's powerful but has a learning curve.

I also see pmacct being used both by some end networks and by
some vendors as part of systems.

Avi

Hey There,

I was just wondering, for people who are doing netflow analysis with
open source tools and who are doing at least 10k or more flows per
second, what are you using?

I know of three tool sets:

- The classic osu flow-tools and the modern continuation/fork.
- ntop
- nfdump/nfsen

Is there anything else I've missed? A few folks here really seem to like
nfsen/nfdump.

Thanks,

Matt