nanog mailing list archives

Re: Residential CPE suggestions

From: Bryan Seitz <seitz () bsd-unix net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 20:27:00 -0400

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 12:13:34AM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net> wrote:

Any recommendation for a residential CPE that supports dual SFP uplinks (WAN) with either a routing protocol or a
resilient Ethernet solution? Ideally, LAN port should be 100/1000 CAT5.  I've looking at Mikrotik, Draytek and
others. Looking something in a lower three-digit price point. Otherwise I might have to do a pair of media
converters on a copper switch/router that can do it (ugly!).

Thanks in advance!

(No personal experience, but...)

Have you looked at the EdgeRouter Pro?  2 SFP links,
routing capability.  http://www.ubnt.com/edgemax

+1, hands down one of the better platforms for the money today.  I have 3 ERLites in service and I know the pro is
obviously a larger more powerful version so you should have pretty good success.

--

Bryan G. Seitz