nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shipping bulk hardware via freight

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 07:59:52 +0530

If you are planning to scrap it after retiring it from production, talk to
nsrc @ uoregon, they'll pick it up and ship it to developing countries that
could use it.
 On Nov 6, 2014 4:45 AM, "Jason" <86 () tacorp us> wrote:

I'm interested in talking with someone who has experience shipping
hardware that has been pulled from a working environment.  The assumption
is that it would not use a normal carriers such as UPS of Fedex, but via
private freight.

Assuming that 20 x 1U switches and a handful of 10U chassis's were to be
shipped, has anyone found a productive way to package them in something
other than the boxes they come in?  Has anyone tried to crate / pallet pack
them or something more efficient?

If so, please contact me offline if you are willing to share your
experience.

Jason