nanog mailing list archives

Re: Marriott wifi blocking

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 11:38:11 -0700

On Oct 4, 2014, at 06:56 , Bob Evans <bob () FiberInternetCenter com> wrote:

On 10/4/2014 01:37, Owen DeLong wrote:
Most crimes not committed by government entities have to go through
an indictment-trial-conviction sequence before punisihment is
administered.

Except in Chicago.

Whereas most crimes committed by government entities go through the
same process and are then not punished.

I wasn't going to go there--that gets me banned a lot.

But I do think that an related AP at the curb outside is entitled to a
trial before the death ray is unleashed against it.

Some laws that are broken require one to remain in jail until trial
completion, whenever one is found to be a threat to other members of
society. So in a virtual society perhaps virtual cell walls would be
appropriate ?

In a virtual society, nobody's life is endangered. I don't know of any cases (under US law) where someone has been held
without bail for economic crimes.
Obviously, some societies allow one to be held without bail for almost anything, but I don't think that fits the
original premise.

Owen