nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vendor cert levels

From: Trent Farrell <tfarrell () riotgames com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:26:39 -0700

^^ It really helps if you're a Cisco shop to have CCIEs.

Every place I've worked has offered to refund the cost of a cert after
you pass (if the employee fails, the cost is on them), and it's had a
pretty decent uptake among the more junior staff - as well as the CCIE
re-certs.

I'm not sure if Juniper have a similar type system of rewarding
partners that are packed with certified engineers, but I wouldn't be
surprised if they did.