nanog mailing list archives

Re: macomnet weird dns record

From: Colin Johnston <colinj () gt86car org uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:34:15 +0100

so fix the spam hosts, don’t mask the problem and make more complicated for folks trying their best to solve

Colin

On 14 Apr 2015, at 15:09, Pavel Odintsov <pavel.odintsov () gmail com> wrote:

Hello, Colin!

We use hexademical numbers in PTR for VPS/Servers because PTR's like
"host-87.118.199.240.domain.ru" so often banned by weird antispam
systems  by mask \d+\.\d+\.\d+\d+ as home ISP subnets which produce
bunch of spam.