nanog mailing list archives

Re: vendor spam OTD

From: Stephen Satchell <list () satchell net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:43:20 -0700

On 04/27/2015 08:30 PM, Rob Seastrom wrote:

Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com> writes:

though a remarkably persistent one to one, I would suggest procmail,
unless you know heĆ¢(TM)s harvested nanog and is sending the same
offer mail merged to a bunch of operators.

Gee, it's almost as if by posing a question to nanog@ like "Has anyone
else received spam from X", I might be trying to ascertain an answer
to precisely that question.

Key data point: If the mail was being spammed to NANOG, I would have received that mail at this address, one of several that I use specifically for public mailing lists. The mail I did receive (multiple e-mail letters, by the way, some of them obvious form letters) came to my primary work address, which had been used in the past to contact that company to buy equipment.

So my answer to your precise question would be "no".