nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quakecon: Network Operations Center tour

From: Dave Pooser <dave-nanog () pooserville com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 10:44:39 -0500

any security protections so competitors can't kill off their
competition?)

It would be interesting to learn whether they saw any DDoS attacks or
cheating attempts during competitive play, or even casual
non-competitive play amongst attendees.

I wonder if that would be a reason for the relatively anemic 1Gb Internet
pipe-- making sure that a DDoS couldn't push enough packets through to
inconvenience the LAN party.

(Disclaimer: $DAYJOB did the audio/visual/lighting for QuakeCon but we had
nothing to do with the network and I was utterly uninvolved in any way,
so my speculation is based on no information obtained from outside my own
skull.)
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com