nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any recommendations for FXS/FXO hardware with Cisco Unified CME

From: Joel M Snyder <Joel.Snyder () Opus1 COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:49:39 +0200

On 2/11/15 2:24 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:

> You may want to ask on the cisco-voip list as it’s most centrally focused on that.
Thanks, will ask on the list.

> Do you mean with CM or CME (as suggested in your subject line?)
In this case, it's CME that I'm asking about.

>I’m similarly looking for a “good” handset

Have you taken a look at the Polycom IP phones? The physical quality is as good or better than Cisco, in my opinion (having used both a lot). And, you can provision with HTTPS secured by username/password, and if you really want you can use client/server TLS (i.e., both ends authenticate each other with certificates) for both HTTPS provisioning and for SIP signalling.

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494