nanog mailing list archives

Re: [BULK] Verizon exiting California

From: Robert Glover <robertg () garlic com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:05:55 -0700

On 7/30/2015 9:26 AM, Matthew Black wrote:
Verizon sent me a letter the other day stating that they are selling their landline business to Frontier Communications. It was a
very terse letter and as a customer I don't know if it affects me. While stating they aren't exiting the Wireless
business, I want to know which parts are being sold off. Just the copper lines, POTS, DSL, FIOS (TV, Internet, phone)? Some
clarity would be great.  I am a FIOS only customer. Can anyone recall if GTE was blocked from doing the same thing a few decades
ago?

matthew black
california state university, long beach

All wireline assets in the Verizon West footprint (California, Texas, and Tampa, FL area) are being aquired by Frontier

Here's the Press Release from Frontier: http://investor.frontier.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=895055

All wireless assets remain with Verizon.