nanog mailing list archives

Re: another tilt at the Verizon FIOS IPv6 windmill

From: Lee Howard <Lee () asgard org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:49:20 -0400

On 7/17/15, 6:25 AM, "Christopher Morrow" <christopher.morrow () gmail com on
behalf of morrowc.lists () gmail com> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Ricky Beam <jfbeam () gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:20:11 -0400, Lee Howard <Lee () asgard org> wrote:

Business Class DOCSIS customers get a prefix automatically (unless you
provide your own gateway and DHCPv6 isn¹t enabled).

doesn't the last paranthetical here

I looked last night at the office in Cary, NC. NO RAs are seen on the
link
coming from the Ubee (bridged) providing our dynamic/DOCSIS connection.
Without an RA, nothing will attempt IPv6.

mean that your UBee has to do dhcpv6? (or the downstream thingy from
the UBee has to do dhcpv6?)

Yes.

I should have said that there are some modems that don’t support IPv6, and
a few that should-but-don’t-properly-yet. Ricky and I have corresponded
privately.

Lee

(I've not checked the one in Raleigh that's also a hotspot)

Residential? sure, there's lot of v6 there -- has been for over a year.
But
as I'm an Earthlink customer, and those morons cannot be bothered to
give
TWC one of their *5* UNUSED /32's, all I get is:
        (IA_PD IAID:327681 T1:0 T2:0 (status code no prefixes))

--Ricky