nanog mailing list archives

Re: eBay is looking for network heavies...

From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 01:47:14 -0400

On Jun 8, 2015 1:42 AM, "shawn wilson" <ag4ve.us () gmail com> wrote:

On Jun 7, 2015 10:59 PM, "Jay Ashworth" <jra () baylink com> wrote:

I don't
RTFM, I google.  It's often faster, so many of TFMs are online now.

Until Google supports regex and some of the duckduckgo module features,
I'll be faster getting to reference to you will on Google. Notice I said
reference, not an answer - sometimes you care more about the background
than the answer (like if you're filing a bug).

man /perldoc /rdoc /:help /etc is where it's at (and allows me to answer
lots of questions with man foo ¦ grep bar - which is still bad but doesn't
have such a negative feeling that lmgtfy or a Google link does). Also
notice I intentionally left out the failed 'info' pages :)

Point here is that "Google" is probably the wrong answer here.

Oh this NANOG and manufacturers have different levels of documentation, so
I guess s/wrong/incomplete/ is more apt.