nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for information on IGP choices in dual-stack networks

From: Victor Kuarsingh <victor () jvknet com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 20:59:19 -0400

I/we (Philip and I) attempted to keep the question as generic as possible, allowing folks to state the IGPs they use, in whichever combination or in some cases (as we can see), more complex deployments.

I would agree with statements form Joel earlier with respect to cases where early vendor support may have influenced some network zones (inside a given AS) to support a different IGP (his case of OSPFv3 for devices which lacked IS-IS support is one I did face a few years back as well in the DC with respect to Load balancing and Firewall devices).

The merger one was a new one for me, but it seems to reflect some peoples reality.

regards,

Victor K