nanog mailing list archives

Re: Apple ECN, Bufferbloat, CoDel (fwd)

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:19:36 -0400

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 06:20:31PM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

Hi,

I just want to bring to your attention the below talk (I am too lazy to
re-write the whole email for this slightly different audience).

Takeaway:

We'll see a lot of ECN enabled traffic in a few months. This shouldn't be a
problem. I've been doing it to all my machines for 3-5 years without ill
effects.

        I recall when ECN first came out and firewalls would block it causing me
issues on my Linux boxes sending list mail out.  It was a small enough percentage
that I mostly ignored it, but this will cause trouble for people who still
haven't fixed their broken firewalls.

        I encourage almost everyone on nanog to watch this talk.

        - Jared