nanog mailing list archives

Re: symmetric vs. asymmetric [was: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality]

From: James R Cutler <james.cutler () consultant com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 09:50:48 -0500

Frank,

Are your measurements taken at the campus boundary or within the campus network?

I remember the confusion when Centrex was first introduced at UMich. The statistic there that confounded was call
durations wildly exceeding models, but mostly within the campus, not to the outside world.  Could there be peer to peer
traffic that you do not see?

James R. Cutler
James.cutler () consultant com
PGP keys at http://pgp.mit.edu