nanog mailing list archives

Re: ipv6 connectivity bugs

From: Mike <mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 05:29:07 -0700

On 10/19/2015 04:46 AM, Dave Bell wrote:
Do you have anything in the way of COPP on either box that may be
dropping packets? I would imagine the issue is likely to be on the
AS1k end.

Additionally I see you have different interface speeds at each side.
Is the thing in the middle at fault? ND is done using multicast.

One final thing is attempt to ping across the link local addresses.
Make you you set the source address correctly.

I am able to ping the link local address of the 'opposite end' from each side, so it looks so me like that is working. I also notice, when I try pinging the 7201 from the asr1000, during that time, the output of 'show ipv6 neighbors" shows me this:

sh ipv6 neighbors
IPv6 Address Age Link-layer Addr State Interface FE80::xxxx:yyyy:FE2D:D190 6 xxxx.yyyy.d190 STALE Gi0/0.110025 xxxx:yyyy::1:1 0 - INCMP Gi0/0.110025

It looks to me like enough is 'working' that the asr1000 -> c7201 path is working, but not the other way around. And no, far as I know, I have no copp or other filtering that would (to my knowledge) create a one way situation. As far as the middle, I have ip/mpls that is bridging my vlan25 across the network:

! ME3600x - Facing ASR1000
Interface TenGigabitEthernet0/1
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
 switchport mode trunk
 mtu 9216
 service instance 25 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 25
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1
  xconnect 10.0.15.3 2 encapsulation mpls
   mtu 9216
!

! ME3600 - facing c7201
interface Vlan25
 mtu 9216
 no ip address
 xconnect 10.0.15.2 2 encapsulation mpls
!

Do I need to make a special provision somewhere for multicast? This seems pretty basic setup to me.

Mike-