nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Wireless LTE/4G and SIP Header Manipulation

From: Mark Stevens <manager () monmouth com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 16:16:28 -0400

The TAG unique identifier is being changed and this only happens through VZ LTE networks, not wired networks or even other cellular data networks (Sprint, ATT, T-Mobile) Their phones are IPV6 so the packets are getting converted to IPV4 so it is either happening there or there is a global ALG in Verizon land that is doing it . For positive proof I would need Verizon to fess up (LOL) but that will not happen or sniff traffic from the cellphone itself.