nanog mailing list archives

Re: NCS5K?

From: Colton Conor <colton.conor () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:02:33 -0500

Tom,

Do you actually think that Cisco would sell at NCS 5501 at the price point
that Arista is going to sell a 7280R for? Spec wise they are very similar
(except Arista has 8 more SFP+ ports and two more 100G ports). Arista is
pricing the 7280R inline with Ciscos ASR9001. I doubt Cisco will offer a
NCS 5501 for the same price as an ASR9001.