nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email to text - vtext.com blacklisting ip

From: Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 01:28:27 +0000

It's worth looking at the $40 Adafruit FONA cellular modem with inexpensive Ting month-to-month cellular service. We've
been using it and it's great! I'm happy to share my simple Raspberry Pi serial port glue code that connects to
Intermapper's paging interface via a local web service.

Add a GPS board and you can make it double as a GPS-based time server, since FONA will extract time and latlong from
GPS and make it accessible via the serial port.

-mel beckman

 -mel beckman