nanog mailing list archives

Re: Build an anycast network on a shoestring

From: Hugo Slabbert <hugo () slabnet com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 15:31:57 -0800

If you're doing ECMP w/i the DC, PMTUD does come to mind, though:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/path-mtu-discovery-in-practice/

--
Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo () slabnet com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal

On Mon 2016-Dec-12 15:59:29 -0600, Theodore Baschak <theodore () ciscodude net> wrote:

Wow thanks for sharing both of these.  Anycast can be "black magic"
sometimes, and the more that is known about it by operators the better. I'm
somewhat surprised that ECMP
I've done a little poor-mans anycasting within a network by simply using
OSPF and some /32's. Had IPv4 space not been at such a premium when I got
into the game, I would have definitely attempted to get a larger block so
that I could anycast a /24 of it. :-(

Theodore Baschak - AS395089 - Hextet Systems
https://ciscodude.net/ - https://hextet.systems/
http://mbix.ca/