nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recent NTP pool traffic increase

From: "Allan Liska" <allan () allan org>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 18:20:00 -0500

I manage two NTP servers in the pool, one in the US and the other in
EMEA.  FWIW The US server has seen a spike in traffic, but I have not
seen a similar spike on the EMEA server.

allan

On 12/15/2016 at 5:46 PM, "Jose Gerardo Perales Soto"  wrote:Hi,

We've recently experienced a traffic increase on the NTP queries to
NTP pool project (pool.ntp.org) servers. One theory is that some
service provider NTP infraestructure failed approximately 2 days ago
and traffic is now being redirected to servers belonging to the NTP
pool project.

Does anyone from the service provider community have any comments?

Gerardo Perales