nanog mailing list archives

Re: Thank you, Comcast.

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () comcast com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:11:01 +0000

On 2/26/16, 8:27 AM, "NANOG on behalf of Mike Hammett"
<nanog-bounces () nanog org on behalf of nanog () ics-il net> wrote:

"you will also block legitimate return traffic if the
customers run their own DNS servers or use opendns / google dns / etc."

I'm fine with that. Residential customers shouldn't be running DNS
servers anyway and as far as the outside resolvers to go, ehhhh... I see
the case for OpenDNS given that you can use it to filter (though that's
easily bypassed), but not really for any others.

ThereĀ¹s some question about whether the FCC or 3rd party DNS providers
would be though. Especially under the Title-II rules around non-blocking
of legitimate traffic.

- Jason