nanog mailing list archives

Re: SMS gateways

From: Scott Fisher <littlefishguy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 15:34:42 -0500

Does anyone having experience getting this to work on US networks?

http://www.smsfoxbox.it/en/foxbox-lx800-gateway-100.html/

I am interested on getting this working with our Nagios notifications.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:40 PM, John Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:
Thanks for those pointers. The "mega bill" problem is one I have to avoid. We used to use ISDN as backup to T1
circuits,
but had to abandon that after some wayward fail-overs resulted in $5000 phone bills. I'll check the plan overage terms
carefully!

Sounds like an excellent application for a $10/mo prepaid plan on
something like Tracfone.  If disaster strikes and you need a lot of
data one month, you can add extra credit directly from the phone.

--
Scott