nanog mailing list archives

Re: Detecting Attacks

From: Pavel Odintsov <pavel.odintsov () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 21:41:43 +0300

Hello!

You could try my open source project:
https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/fastnetmon

It's pretty popular and used by a very big number of really big networks.

We have option for capturing "pcap" dump for each attack for detailed
investigation.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 8:22 AM, subashini hariharan <suba.h17 () gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I am Subashini, a graduate student. I am interested in doing my project in
Network Security. I have a doubt related to it.

The aim is to detect DoS/DDoS attacks using the application. I am going to
use ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibanna) for processing the logs (Log
Analytics).

My doubt is regarding how do we generate logs for detecting this attack? As
I am new to this process, I am not sure about it.

Also, if it is possible to do any other attacks similar to this, you can
please give a hint about it.

Could anyone please help with this, it would be a great help!!

--
Thank You.

With Regards,
H.Subashini