nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10gig pricing with Verizon crazy?

From: "Daniel C. Eckert" <dan () drakontas org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:56:36 -0700

What's your state/region and the general ballpark of the price quoted?
ᐧ

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:48 PM, David Hubbard <
dhubbard () dino hostasaurus com> wrote:

Curious if anyone has had similar experience; looking for a 10gig transit
circuit at a colo, contacted VZ as they’re on net in the facility, quoted
me an astronomical amount at 10-20x going rates these days.  I’m curious if
I just happened across a bad rep and should dig further, or that’s par for
the course?  Rep was comfortable talking about BGP, v4/v6, etc. so I felt
like I was talking to the right person until I saw the price lol.

Thanks,

David