nanog mailing list archives

Re: Oh dear, we've all been made redundant...

From: Larry LaBas <llabas () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 11:20:19 -0700

Cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUEU9H8?colid=NY8W2WMIT0JS&coliid=I3F8LOHOKAZ56E&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

--
Larry LaBas
Sent with Airmail

On March 20, 2016 at 10:24:43, Mike (mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com) wrote:

This is great, I now have something I can show to my customers to
confirm that all this power cycling and such really is an 'accepted
problem'...

On 03/19/2016 04:16 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:
Found on Staple's website:
http://www.staples.com/NetReset-Automated-Power-Cycler-for-Modems-and-Routers/product_1985686

Fixes all issues, less downtime, less stress...
Improves performance, eliminates buffering...
It slices, it dices in teeny, tiny slices.
It makes mounds of julienne fries in just seconds.

Description - copied here for convenience:

All the issues associated with the Internet being down can be solved by
power cycling the modem and router. But that can be hard to do! NetReset
resolves network issues by offering sequential power cycling. This means
that when the modem and router are plugged into the device, they are
powered up at different times. The modem is powered up first, then a minute
later, the router is powered up. This rebooting will occur at initial
setup, every 24 hours and after a power failure. Do you have a modem/router
combo? No problem! NetReset will also power cycle the modem/router combo.

Automatically resets user's Internet every 24 hours
Maximizes Internet speed & reliability
Eliminates media stream buffering
Hands-free Internet reset
Resets hard-to-reach modem/router
Less Internet downtime
Less daily stress
No need to manually reset
Reset occurs at programmed time
Updated information from Internet service provider
Proper reboot after a power failure
Resetting allows equipment to auto-correct issues