nanog mailing list archives

Re: One Year On: IPv4 Exhaust

From: Paul Thornton <paul () prt org>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 18:47:54 +0100

On 25/09/2016 18:40, Seth Mattinen wrote:
On 9/25/16 9:19 AM, Paul Thornton wrote:

I can't find an equivalent ARIN page of "how much we've allocated from
our last /8" - the statistics show that just over 2x /16s worth have
been assigned/allocated between January 2016 and July 2016, so a lower
rate by some margin than RIPE - but there are of course policy
differences at play there.

ARIN's last /8 was run to zero last year.

I win the d'oh prize for failing to notice that, although I do have some vague recollection of "Hmm, that will be interesting" now that I think about it. This explains why I thought that ARIN allocation graph looked so random.

Interesting times. Well, as I said in another post on this thread, lets hope the v6-as-default tipping point comes sooner rather than later.

Paul.