nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP addresses being attacked in Krebs DDoS?

From: Damian Menscher via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 15:40:58 -0700

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Brett Glass <nanog () brettglass com> wrote:

As an ISP who is pro-active when it comes to security, I'd like to know
what IP address(es) are being hit by the Krebs on Security DDoS attack. If
we know, we can warn customers that they are harboring infected PCs and/or
IoT devices. (And if all ISPs did this, it would be possible to curtail
such attacks and plug the security holes that make them possible.)

130.211.45.45 (it's just the one IP, not DNS-balanced).

Thanks for your interest in cleaning up your infected customers!  10,000
ASNs to go....

Damian
--
Damian Menscher :: Security Reliability Engineer :: Google :: AS15169